Sunday, October 23, 2011

Question and Answer

Sixteen, such a lovely age.. driving (eventually) and dating! That's right, Christian asked to his very first dance--Homecoming!

Unlike most high school boys, Christian actually has gone on dates himself before this (as far as I can tell, teenagers NEVER date unless there's a dance--so sad--but Christian does!), but now he was going to a DANCE. Yup, he's growing up. ;)

So, I was pretty pleased with his creative asking:


 "Hey Chrissy (written with Hershey Kisses), now that I've kissed the ground you walk on, will you go to homecoming with me?"
Yup, pretty clever. 


 But of course, his soon-to-be-date wasn't to be outdone in the creativity department. Late one night as we were sitting at home, quiet, lights of, watching an intense episode of Psych, there was a startling pound at the front door--I almost wet myself, it was very shocking. Sean opened the door to find a banana on the doorstep. A banana? What the heck does that mean? A few minutes later, there was another knock, this time at the back door--another banana. Throughout the next hour there were knocks coming from all over the house--front door, back door, windows, random passers by ("Hi, um, someone told me to give this banana to you..."), the bananas just kept coming.


Lots and lots and lots of bananas (which eventually turned into some yummy banana bread). But nothing but bananas... then, a long break--they stopped knocking... was that it?? 

...

Nope, one more knock at the front door...


"ORANGE you glad I'm not a banana? Of course I'll go to homecoming with you!"

Pretty cute, right?? We thought so. :)

(Dance pictures soon to come!)

No comments: